Sharing Archaeology with the Community
As part of the Wisconsin Idea and our own mission to make Archaeology accessible to all, we regularly strive to present our research and knowledge to the public across many venues.
In the past, our lab has readily accepted invitations to visit museums, schools, and other public venues to share the science of archaeology with audiences of all ages:
- The Hoard Historical Museum
- Wisconsin Institute of Discovery – Wisconsin Science Fest
- Science on Tap – Madison
- UW Madison Archaeology Brown Bags
- Aztalan Museum – Aztalan Days
- Fork Atkinson Middle School
- Aztalan State Park (Public Days, middle school field trips)
Additionally, we open our lab to visiting groups as a way to provide hands-on learning opportunities:
- Girl/Boy Scout Troops
- High School field trips
- Expanding Your Horizons Conference
- Private groups
If you are interested in volunteering as a public outreach ambassador, or are curious about joining our lab team, contact Dr. Schroeder at email@example.com.
You can also contact Dr. Schroeder for questions related to setting up interviews or outreach events at your own venue or in our lab space. We are open to considering any opportunity to reach the public and share archaeology with all interested groups.